Recording date: February – Week 3
Editing date: ?
Release date: Mon 11 April 2022
Hosted by: Rob and Liam
Guest host: Kenny Smith
SET UP RECORDING
- Connect via Skype. Begin recording and sync up.
Segment for ’TV Movie’ review
This will be a brief 5-10 minute segment for our 100th podcast.
- Welcome and introduce Kenny
- What are your early memories of the TV Movie?
- Do you have a favourite moment?
On todays episode we explore the Eighth Doctors very first audio adventure, Storm Warning.
- Greetings and catch ups.
- Introduce Kenny.
- What have we been up to/watching?
- Tell us a little about youtself.
- When did you first experience Storm Warning and Big Finish?
October, 1930. His Majesty‘s Airship, the R101, sets off on her maiden voyage to the farthest-flung reaches of the British Empire, carrying the brightest lights of the Imperial fleet. Carrying the hopes and dreams of a breathless nation.
Not to mention a ruthless spy with a top-secret mission, a mysterious passenger who appears nowhere on the crew list, a would-be adventuress destined for the Singapore Hilton… and a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey.
There’s a storm coming. There’s something unspeakable — something with wings, crawling across the stern. Thousands of feet high in the blackening sky, the crew of the R101 brace themselves. When the storm breaks, their lives won’t be all that’s at stake…
The future of the galaxy will be hanging by a thread.
- The Doctor – Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard – India Fisher
- Lord Tamworth – Gareth Thomas
- Lt-Col Frayling – Nicholas Pegg
- Rathbone – Barnaby Edwards
- Chief Steward Weeks – Hylton Collins
- Triskelion – Helen Goldwyn
- Announcer – Mark Gatiss
- It is volume 16 in the Big Finish Monthly Range. It was releases on double CD 22 January 2001. Its now out if print but is available to download.
- It was the first time Paul McGann had played the
STORM WARNING – Part 1
The Time Lord returns for a new series of adventures in space and time, starring Paul McGann. Storm Warning (part 1 of 4). It’s 1930, and the airship R101 takes to the skies. But why is one of the stewards acting so strangely? Who is the unusual passenger in Cabin 43? And just what is a 1960s police box doing on board?
STORM WARNING – Part 2
Continuing this new adventure for Paul McGann as the Doctor. Storm Warning (part 2 of 4). The R101 is under attack, the storm is breaking – and the passenger in Cabin 43 needs to see the Doctor.
STORM WARNING – Part 3
STORM WARNING – Part 4
Now it’s time for our listeners responses. We asked what you thought of Storm Warning.
Thanks for getting in touch!